Friday, May 24, 2013

The Light

   Just a quick thought about 'The Light' analogy. I was studying my astronomy vocab last night for test and the definition of 'Black Hole' really struck me. One of the characteristics is that it's gravity field is so dense that even light can't escape. 
   Besides the true weirdness of the fact that gravity attracts light, I was like um, what about Jesus. No, not like, "Oh no, Jesus isn't all powerful because black hole's will suck Him in so He can't get out!" But I was like, I bet some non-believer has or will at some point use that against God, the flaw in His example. So what I actually thought was, "Hey God, I've always loved the light example so much but could you have maybe thought of a perfect one?" 
   But right after I thought that it occurred to me that there were two extremely plausible answers to this question that both made me the dumb one (not that there was any doubt about that!:)) So, here they are:
    #1 God didn't want to give us an example of something in nature that can truly be a full explanation of Jesus because we haven't discovered what it is yet and therefore wouldn't know what He was talking about. (especially in Bible times)
    #2 Jesus is the only real deal example because He is all powerful so it would make since that nothing can be a perfect analogy for Him because there is nothing even close to His caliber. But since we are humans and need examples to understand things, He gave us one in light (which truly is a great example).
    So that's that and by now you've probably realized that this blog really is what I said it would be, a collection of some of my random thoughts and snippets of my conversations with God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment