Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thank You Note

   So, about 5 minutes ago I was thinking about how I think I have a gift at seeing the good in things so I was like, "Hey God, I have a gift for seeing the good in things." And then I thought for a second about that statement and said, "Sorry that's so braggatory but you gave me that gift!" And then I thought about that for a second and hit upon a conclusion I really wanted to blog about, so here we go!
   Conclusion: It is imposible to brag to God. 
   Anything good you have God has too, and way better! Besides, if you try to brag it's more like writing Him a thank you card.
   Say someone gave me a pillow. In my thank you note I might say something along the lines of, "I love my pillow so much! It's the prettiest color I've ever seen and so soft. It is the best pillow in the world!" That right there would be bragging if I weren't saying it to the person who gave me the pillow. You can't brag about something you own to the person who gave it to you! 
   That's how it is with God too. When you recognize a spiritual gift, TELL HIM! Be like, "Guess what God? I'm a super content person. Plus I have a gift for languages and a gift for being relational and hospitable! Great combo, huh? That was some good thinking you did there when you made me! Thanks a ton!" That statement isn't bragging, it's thanking God and letting Him know that you see, love, and feel confident in the gifts He's given you! 
   That said, I issue a challenge to you: Every moment for the rest of your life, try to brag to God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment