Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Our Ocean

   Today I was listening to one of my favorite songs, Something Beautiful by Need to Breathe. (Click here for lyrics.) While listening I was trying to fit my life within the lyrics but discovered our lives and situation are all different songs(sorry for the cheesiness of the last statement!:))With that in mind I resorted to creating my life analogy based off of the said song but, obviously, not the same. I ended up having created my own ocean.
   Lately I've been struggling with wanting to know what God wants to do with my life. While I know this is silly as no amount of thought on my part is going to change His perfect plan and I'm still years away from graduating high school, I continue struggling as if the arguments listed above were nonexistent. I want to know out of curiosity and the longing to prepare myself with any special skills or just mentally. This too is silly because only God can truly prepare me. And that concludes the backstory belonging to this analogy! :)
   You grow up on a beach of golden sand and palm trees. The water is lovely, crystal clear, and fairly shallow near the beach. The water contains beautiful fish and coral and is always the perfect temperature. There is not much that can cause lasting harm unless you go a little deeper. To truly go deep you need special equipment. Now, if you are planning on going to collect data about dangerous sharks you aren't going to sit in a shark cage for a year before hand just to be prepared. If you are planning on scuba diving you aren't going to wear a wetsuit until you're about to go in. You trust that you will be provided with the correct equipment by the overseer and planner of your trip just before you go.
   In the same way, here in America we grow up on a golden beach and while we occasionally get hurt by no fault of our own and can often if we are reckless, we are very sheltered and happy. Not many people venture out into "the deep." When we choose to follow God's call we are venturing out. We have to trust that God, the overseer and planner of our trip, will provide us with all we need when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment