Friday, May 3, 2013

Rejection

   I'm sure it must be terribly crushing for a guy to get rejected but it is terrible for the one rejecting as well. I've never had an interest in any guy I've ever known. This is not to say that I'm not super awkward around guy and don't sometimes long for the since of protection and intimacy so girls seem to have, of course I do. I just haven't met any guy I feel like I want that from. My iron sister (Proverbs 27:17) tells me this is a extreme blessing and I totally agree, except on the subject of rejection.
   Just because I don't like guys doesn't mean some don't like me. I wish this wasn't the case but since it occasionally is I am in a situation where I need to say no. I know enough to know it stinks to get rejected but it stinks to reject to. Knowing you have just hurt someone in a way they can't just put a bandaid on isn't fun. Because of me not having liked someone in a romantic way I don't know how I would want to be rejected(and yes I am aware no one wants to be rejected but it seems like some ways would be more appropriate than others.) 
   I just read 2 post about things single Christian guys don't want to hear from girls. Combined, there were 10 one-liners that I had previously thought were fine but apparently not so. And the why made perfect sense. So how do you say no? 
   I've concluded it is probably best just to tell the truth. Obviously it's not like you should say, "No, I don't like you." I'm thinking something more around the lines of, "I'm sorry but I'm just not interested in dating right now." Sometimes it seems to me like the perfect conclusion to that sentence would be 'Maybe later on' but then you are giving the poor guy false hope and what happens when 'later on' comes? My real problem will come when I do start liking guys as more than friends. Then it becomes even more personal. 
   Final Conclusion to my rambling is that you should tell the truth in as non-derogatory a way as possible without leading on.

No comments:

Post a Comment