Saturday, April 27, 2013

Global Persecution

   About 5 seconds ago I finished reading prayer notice from VOM(Voice of the Marters), an organization that helps Christian evangelists around the world through hard times. It shocks me how much the devil can twist peoples minds to do the awful things some have done evangelists around the world. Many times I find myself praying more for the persecutor, who is so far from God that they can burn a person for believing something other than what they believe. I have decided that the saddest thing about persecution is what people are willing to do to hurt others and the most dangerous, is what effect it may have on the courage of other Christians. 
   I would like to say that put in the shoes of an Indonesian Christian whose house has been destroyed, who hears of horrific things being done to fellow christians, I would still stay strong. The truth is that I can only hope and pray the God will pour that kind of strength into me, His strength. I feel that He wants me to go somewhere even if I don't know where yet. I felt this ever since I was itty bitty, a calling that in far beyond my comfort zone. Knowing that one day I could very well be in the shoes of an Indonesian Christian makes my heart race for more reasons than one. Excitement because it would be amazing to share the Word. Fear, not of persecution exactly but of my faltering heart. I pray for God to prepare for whatever He has planned and maybe give me a heads up concerning what exactly that is! :) 
   I've decided my blanket prayer for persecuted will be simply to change the hearts of the persecutors and keep the hearts of the persecuted strong in God. Please join in praying for those who are spreading the Good News to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment