Saturday, April 13, 2013

For His Glory (sports)

   When you're someone like me who loves sports it's easy to get caught up in wanting to impress your teammates, coach, the parents, even the other team. You can unknowingly become motivated by the glory that occupancies a goal or home run, it's hard not to! But the bible tells us to do everything for God's glory(1 Corinthians 10:31). For a while, I struggled with exactly what that meant since I'm not a pro athlete with a microphone stuck in my face giving me the opportunity to proclaim God's name to the world. It would look more cheesy than inspiring if I pointed to the sky after a goal. But I've landed on something that I think is right for me.
    While I'm playing I try to keep a conversation going with Him. Whether it's about how I'm playing, the other team, parents on the sideline, my teammates, the game, ect. the conversation just needs to be there. The second thing is to play as well as I can. God gives us gifts and He wants us to use them, if you discover you're gifted at soccer, play soccer! And don't just play, play your hardest as a way to honor and glorify God for the gifts He has given you! Play for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment