Sunday, July 14, 2013

Countering Your Life's Lies

   I recently returned for Sky Ranch Christian Camps after having an amazing, God filled week in Quest! I learned so much through my counselors throughout the week from different Bible Studies and conversations. At the very beginning of the week, one of these Bible Studies was about truth vs. lies. After listening I felt compelled to make a list of the lies I subconsciously believe and let affect my daily life. Throughout the week I tried to come up with truths to counter the lies.
   One of these lies was that I'm not a fun person to be around and no one can learn from me because I don't talk much. Despite making it seem like I should talk more, my belief in this lie made me more awkward and even less likely to talk to people I don't know at all or well. Throughout the week I couldn't figure out what to counter this with because it seemed so true in so many different settings but at the end of the week God showed me why He'd kept me waiting.
    Everyone in my cabin wrote their name on a sheet of paper and we passed them in a circle so that everyone could write a little note to each person. One of my notes was this:

 (It is super edited so you can read it)

   When I read this I realized that He had left that question in my head to show me that if I wait for His timing He would give me an unforgettable and encouraging answer that far surpasses anything else I could have received. Not only is this obviously God's reassurance, it is proof from a peer that what He is telling me others think is true! Thank you Jesus! :)

moral of the story: never stop waiting for Jesus or tell Him to hurry, if you do, you can't fully appreciate the answer when it appears. (plus He never stops waiting for you!:))

No comments:

Post a Comment