Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Influence

   One day on my mission trip I was doing my TAG time (time alone with God) and praying about what I was reading. Eventually I got to where I was journal praying about the day in general. It was normal stuff like getting along, working hard, influencing others when something made me reread that last line I wrote. "Help what I do to influence others." And I realized that although I'd like to think that if people where more like me, they'd be more like God, that is far from true. I sin way to much to be praying that I will influence others, what I need to be praying is that God will influence others using me! A world of Caroline's would not be a good world! So, I decided to pray, "when I'm enough like you, help me influence others." But that is wrong too because I will never be God caliber. When a person could be influenced by someone as amazing as God, why would I want to influence them instead? Now I pray, "God, YOU influence others through me." And I think that prayer makes quite a bit more since! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment